¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

ÍndiceÍndice  Últimas imágenesÚltimas imágenes  BuscarBuscar  RegistrarseRegistrarse  Conectarse  

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)

+9
fredo
ROn.
XtinaMai
Nathan22
xrael
Dirty_Bionic
enzoseb
RichardXV-7
scorpion_bad
13 participantes
Ir a la página : 1, 2  Siguiente
AutorMensaje
scorpion_bad
Real Fan
Real Fan
scorpion_bad

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Empty
MensajeTema: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 9:02 pm

4Music
Arrow Puntaje: 4 de 5 estrellas

Citación :
Read our track-by-track review including lyrics

When you committ and devote yourself to coaching one of the world's biggest reality TV shows, helping out a fresh new batch of musicians start their careers, there's probably not loads of time left for you to focus on your own work and record your own album. We imagine this is the problem Christina Aguilera faced when she signed up as mentor on The Voice USA. This album may have been two years coming, but she's finally back, feistier than ever, ready to release Lotus, her seventh studio LP. 

Want to know what to expect from the album? Read on as 4music.com fills you in....

1. Lotus Intro 

It's hypnotic, it's electronic, it's dark, it's serious. Christina is back. The track starts with some eery vocal chanting, before growing (just like a lotus flower would) into something more mature and developed. This is her rebirth. Are you ready for studio album number seven? Yes, let's go!

Favourite lyric: "Rise up lotus, rise. This is the beginning" 

2. Army Of Me

This track MUST be a future single. It captivates and excites right from the very start. There's a pounding drum beat, rocky guitars and a euphoric energy to the track, as Christina tells her ex that she won't be defeated by him. She may be heartbroken, but she's definitely not broken as a person. She's strong, resilient, determined and, above all, feisty! It's the kind of angry pop song that Kelly Clarkson would give her right arm for. If you like Christina Aguilera's Fighter, then you'll love this.

Favourite lyric: "Now I've found my second wind, now I've found my second skin"

3. Red Hot Kinda Love

Here she comes, doing what she does best - being Dirrty. This raunchy pop number details Christina's attempts to win over a guy. She's fallen hook, line and sinker for him and says she won't stop until they get together. There's extra bass and a dirty underground feel to this song, ramping up the romance and sexual energy. We think you'll need a cold shower after listening to this. There's the usual Christina vocal acrobatics too. How can her voice be so effortless? Expect lots of "oooh", "aah", and "la la la" in her usual Mariah Carey-shrilling manner.

Favourite lyric: "Baby I'm burning up, you got that red hot kinda love"

4. Make The World Move ft. Cee Lo Green 

Now this song is by no means the same as track three, but it's also by no means hugely different. It's a bit retro but a bit modern. It's a big underground but a bit mainstream. There's a heavy-impact chorus (which will have you singing along instantly) but the whole track just feels slightly lack-lustre following Red Hot Kinda Love. The sassiness and vocal power is still there, it just all sounds a bit similar (yet slightly inadequate) to the previous track. It's good, but not our favourite song on the album. 

Favourite lyric: "Turn up the love, turn down the hate"

5. Your Body

Do we even need to talk about this track? Watch the video here. It's amazing, that's all we need to know.

Favourite lyric: "It’s true what you heard, I am a freak, I’m disturbed"

6. Let There Be Love

From the initial stabs of synth, we know this is going to be an Ibiza-type dance anthem. Has Christina called Calvin Harris and asked him to guest on her album? No, she's done it all herself! The drums are loud and in-your-face and the electronica's overwhelming. It's Christina-meets-trance as she roars over the unrelenting, constant sound of the synthesizer. Oh, and she's pretty saucy with her lyrics too. Let there be love indeed.

Favourite lyric: "Hit the right spot, making my eyes roll back"

7. Sing For Me 

At last! A ballad! Christina slows the pace down for this and, boy, does she prove her worth as a singer. It's not all about the hot pants and skintight outfits, as this song proves. She belts this out as if her life depends on it. You know how some people are destined for certain things, well Christina admits here that she was born to sing. And sing she can. There's soft strings, a delicate piano melody and some hefty 80s power ballad-type drums kicking in before the end. Oh, and there's an epic key change. Amazing!

Favourite lyric: "When I open my mouth, my whole heart comes out"

8. Blank Page 

Undeniably brilliant. Another ballad. But ten times better than the previous track. This is elegant and confessional, as Christina pleads for a second chance from her lover. It's clear she's done wrong, but she's asking for forgiveness and wants to give things another go. Her voice is raw, the backing track is minimal and the result is beautiful. It's just Christina and her piano, and we think we're in love with this. We'd definitely forgive someone straight away if they came round singing like this to us. If Blank Page gets released as a single, there's no denying it could be just as successful worldwide as her 2002 hit Beautiful.

Favourite lyric: "If I could undo that I hurt you, I would do anything for us to make it through"

9. Cease Fire 

Things get dark for track number nine, as Christina reflects the battlefield of love. Her vocals echo against a frantic marching-band drum-beat. This tune may only be mid-tempo but with the persistent drums and Christina's fast vocals, there's a certain urgency, energy and pace to the song. We do indeed feel like we're in the middle of a battlefield. Quick, dive for cover!

Favourite lyric: "Drop down your defenses, I'm raising the flag"

10. Around The World 

Another party-like song of lust and desire. She's got herself a bloke and wants to take him from "Hollywood to Japan". As the song title quite rightly says, she's going all around the world with him. There's crashing drums, a thumping bassline and an insanely catchy chorus. She even gets a bit of French in there, asking: "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

Favourite lyric: "Imagine all the things we could do... Everything and more"

11. Circles 

Oh dear, Christina isn't happy. She really isn't happy. This song may start off all plinky-plonky and soft, but beware, by the chorus she's throwing tonnes of attitude and sass our way! If you liked the boldness and brashness of Makeover from her Stripped album, you'll love this. Play this down the phone to your boyfriend if he's not doing good by you. Prepare yourself for the last two words of the song. Powerful. Strong. Expletive. Naughty, Christina.

Favourite lyric: "Spin around in circles on my middle, middle finger" 

12 Best Of Me 

Ready for a tender, heartfelt track with fragile, almost nervous-sounding vocals? If you like Love The Way You Lie, then you'll love this. Raw, simple and full of emotion, as Christina proclaims she will rise from heartbreak and not let her ex pull her down. An empowering, delicate anthem.

Favourite lyric: "I will rise undefeated"

13 Just A Fool ft. Blake Shelton 

This is a pop-meets-rock-meets-country story of heartbreak. Christina says she's sitting alone in a bar late at night. She's feeling sorry for herself. We've all been there, right? Anyway, this is one impressive close to the album. There's a simple guitar riff and a toe-tapping mid-tempo drum beat as Christina takes the first verse, Blake sings the second in his raspy country tones and the two unite for the chorus. It's mature, sophisticated and unlike anything else we've heard on the album. If you want variety, you got it
RichardXV-7
Real Fan
Real Fan
RichardXV-7

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Empty
MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Esto si es un review de un album detallado y profesional.
enzoseb
Real Fan
Real Fan
enzoseb

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Exacto, esto si es un review de verdad. Profesional. Con detalles en la música, letra, melodías. Genial. Lo único es que hubiera querido alguna canción con tema social, o algo por el estilo, pero ya eso es algo personal. Esperaré por alguna así en el próximo disco.

Del resto...
[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Okpe0i[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Okpe0i[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Okpe0i
http://mmsickness.blogspot.com
Dirty_Bionic
Real Fan
Real Fan
Dirty_Bionic

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Dicen que Army of Me merece ser single, y la verdad es que pienso lo mísmo, solo escuché el comienzo y me lo dió todo, creo que es el tipo de canción que el público está esperando de Xtina.
enzoseb
Real Fan
Real Fan
enzoseb

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Dirty_Bionic escribió:
Dicen que Army of Me merece ser single, y la verdad es que pienso lo mísmo, solo escuché el comienzo y me lo dió todo, creo que es el tipo de canción que el público está esperando de Xtina.

Cuando dicen que es del tipo de canción que Kelly Clarkson cantaria, yo también lo pensé, de hecho me da una vibra a What Doesn't Kill You! Espero sea el segundo sencillo, y ya el tercero Blank Page o otra movida y luego si de 4to Blank!
xrael
Real Fan
Real Fan
xrael

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Buena reseña!! E independientemente si hablen bien o mal del disco, asi debe ser una reseña no como la porqueria de hater que fué la que publicaron ayer
Nathan22
Real Fan
Real Fan
Nathan22

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Esto no debería estar en español? coffe

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Crying

A esto se le llama review! Excelente, centrado en la música y no en la vida de Xtina. Cease Fire, Just A Fool, Blank Page, Army Of Me, Make The World Move, Let There Be Love Love Cualquiera de esas en mi opinión podría ser single, ya lo que quiero es el álbum Very Happy
XtinaMai
Real Fan
Real Fan
XtinaMai

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Espero que digan cosas buenas!
http://www.flickr.com/photo/maidelsmais
ROn.
Real Fan
Real Fan
ROn.

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Excelente! detalla muy bien cada canción, me quede triste x lo que dijeron del dueto de Cee Lo, Sad pero bueno cada quien tiene su opinión. Esperaremos para juzgar nosotros mismos.
fredo
Real Fan
Real Fan

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 11:43 pm

saben nose porque pero al leer el review son los que yo esperaba para el disco bionic por alguna razon los leo y digo asi es como christina describía a este disco
TomaCCo
Real Fan
Real Fan
TomaCCo

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyJue Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Definitivamente se concentran en el trabajo y no en su vida personal, al igual que Ron, me da algo de cosa leer lo del tema con CeeLo... pero vaya, no dice cosas malas! Realmente da un buen sabor de boca el leer esto, de gente que escuchó ya el disco!

P.D..- ¿Ya se olvidaron de los duetos con Chris Mann y Pitbull? Jeje.
ROn.
Real Fan
Real Fan
ROn.

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 12:27 am

TomaCCo escribió:
Definitivamente se concentran en el trabajo y no en su vida personal, al igual que Ron, me da algo de cosa leer lo del tema con CeeLo... pero vaya, no dice cosas malas! Realmente da un buen sabor de boca el leer esto, de gente que escuchó ya el disco!

P.D..- ¿Ya se olvidaron de los duetos con Chris Mann y Pitbull? Jeje.

Esos duetos son un extra, lo que realmente me importa a mi particularmente es el disco. La de Chris es hermosa pero va a qdar en un cover bonito y ya. La de Pitbull si la lanzan con video seguramente hara bastante ruido
enzoseb
Real Fan
Real Fan
enzoseb

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Convertiremos ésto el tema oficial de reviews del disco. Acaba de salir una de Digital Spy intentaré traducirla la mejor posible, hay que interpretar alguna cosas.

Lo leen porque tardé burda en traducir carajitos! jaja

Digital Spy UK
Arrow Puntaje: No da, pero es muy positiva

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Christina_1598117a
Citación :
Ella lanzó uno de nuestros sencillos pop favoritos del año con "Your Body", así que acá en Digital Spy, nos emocionamos mucho al estar invitados a escuchar entero en su casa disquera su nuevo disco Lotus.

1. Lotus Intro
No te dejes engañar por el título, de hecho es una canción entera. Una coral encima de una ráfaga de sonidos electrónicos mientras Christina repite "Este es el inicio" sobre un beat hip-hop fuerte. "Al cielo me elevo/Abro mis alas y vuelo" continúa antes empezar su relato de cómo Lotus es "the unbreakable flower".

2. Army Of Me
Mejor descrito como Fighter 2. "Ahora que soy más inteligente/Ahora que soy más fuerte/Ahora que soy una luchadora/Hay mil caras en mi" Canta sobre un triunfante beat midtempo antes de entonar "Vamos a subir por cada vez que me rompiste" en el coro. No es nada que no hayamos escuchado de ella en el pasado, pero se siente una urgencia que sugiere que Christina necesitaba sacar eso de su sistema.

3. Red Hot Kinda Love
Una humeante y apasionado tema con algunas referencias a sus raíces latinas. Se construye alrededor del hook "Bebe me estoy quemando/Tu tienes ese tipo de amor rojo caliente (no sé como traducir mejor Red Hot Kinda Love jaja). Es relativamente despreocupada para ser una canción de Christina, no se trata de grandes vocales sino más de ser descarado.

4. Make The World Move ft. Cee Lo Green
"El tiempo es ahora/No hay tiempo para esperar/Prende el amor/Apaga el odio" ella canta sobre unos arreglos bastantes locos de sintetizadores y trompetas. Seremos honestos, no nos llamó mucho la atención.

5. Your Body
Mucho de ustedes están ya familiarizados con ésta canción y están al tanto que de hecho es muy buena.

6. Let There Be Love
Esencialmente una gran tema club-rave. "Deja que se haga el amor/Aquí en el aquí del club" ella se eleva sobre una pared de beats trance. En la primera escuchada, era nuestra favorita del disco, pero posiblemente terminó en el medio.

7. Sing For Me
Incialmente nos soprendimos de ésta balada, principalmente porque ella logró contenerse de una por 6 canciones seguidas "No me importa sobre lo que el mundo piensa sobre como sueno" Ella insiste mientras se sacude sus inseguridades. Hay muchas palabras como "destino" y frases del tipo "no hay lugar para ocultarse", que pueden darte un indicativo de lo que estamos afrontando acá.

8. Blank Page
Otra balada, pero una mucho, mucho mejor. "Yo sé que duele, conozco éste dolor/Pero las personas cambian/Dios sabe que no he sido una santa" Ella se abre en lo que es una confesión sorprendentemente honesta "Estoy en una página blanca/Esperando por ti para devolverme a la vida" Canta en el coro. Es básicamente Christina diciendo que ella estropeó algunas cosas en el pasado y está dispuesta a empezar de nuevo si eso está bien con todo el mundo.

9. Cease Fire
Uno de los tracks más "mood" que, adecuadamente, se entona en un bajo retumbante y un beat de marcha militante. Incluye una línea brillante "Estoy cansada de pelear por paz/Cuando estoy sola en primera línea" Y como el título lo sugiere, es una súplica a su otra mitad a parar la pelea por el bien mayor.

10. Around The World
No escribimos mucho sobre ésta canción además de ser otro intento a un himno de fiestas que incluye la frase "Amor internacional". Nuestra parte favorita fue su referencia a su momento Lady Marmalade de antaño cuando susurra "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?"

11. Circles
Otra de nuestras favoritas inmediatamente "Da vueltas en círculos en mi dedo del medio dedo del medio" ella bromea en el crudo coro encima de una melodía de parque de diversiones. La mejor letra "Por qué siempre intentas inmiscuirte en mis cosas/Yo creo que sólo eres amargado" antes de sonar un inmenso "motherfucker" al final.

12. Best Of Me
La tercera y final balada del álbum es una grande del tipo "Beautiful" que incluye la familiar linea: "I won't let you bring me down". También incluye unas adorables palabras habladas de la forma que sólo Christina sabe cómo.

13. Just A Fool ft. Blake Shelton
Un suave cierre country-pop que luce dudosa+ en papel pero afortunadamente no es tan mala en realidad. Como la mayoría de canciones country, está llena de melancolía y un coro cantable "Tenía mi corazón en ti/Nada duele como lo haces tu". Verdad dicha, nosotros sospechamos que hay una buena razón de porqué ésta canción fue guardada para el final del disco.

En resumen

Lotus es, como todos los discos de Christina, muy distinto de los anteriores. Nosotros pensamos que eso es algo bueno, pero no lo será por aquellos que prefieren un mix de estilos del tipo de Stripped o hasta Bionic. Hay un puñado de grandes canciones, pero en su mayoría es un disco pop, en que casi todas las canciones suenan como si fueran creadas con la idea de poder ser potenciales sencillos en algún momento. Y considerando la precaria posición que ella se encuentra ahora, éste es probablemente el disco que ella debía lanzar en éste momento.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/thesound/a435214/christina-aguileras-new-album-lotus-first-listen.html

Última edición por enzoseb el Vie Nov 02, 2012 3:19 pm, editado 1 vez
El Barto
Real Fan
Real Fan
El Barto

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 3:05 pm

este review lo unico que hace es aumentar la emocion y las ganas de tener a Lotus en mis manos! siento que el album nunca cae con el track list como cayó Bionic cuando llegas a All I Need y se torna aburrido! aqui parece que el track list te mantiene emocionado hasta el final!!! lo unico que deseo es que tenga muchos singles como en Stripped!! ojala Let There Be Love y Just A Fool sean singles!, Army Of Me es de las que menos me llama la atencion (por los segundos que escuche) y no me emociona para nada la idea de que sea single, espero con ansias escuchar el disco completo para dar mi opinion personal!
scorpion_bad
Real Fan
Real Fan
scorpion_bad

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Osea las 3 criticas negativas van para el ft de xtina y cee lo? Sad

"Pareciera que todas las canciones se hicieron con la interncion de ser single" OMG
enzoseb
Real Fan
Real Fan
enzoseb

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Si, a nadie le gusta la canción con Cee Lo al parecer. Me sorprende, hecho pensaba que sería de las mejores del disco.
RichardXV-7
Real Fan
Real Fan
RichardXV-7

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Otro excelente review el de SPY UK. Gracias por la traducción Enzo. Y si; parece que los duos no serán grandes cosas aunque tampoco malas. Y es cierto que en los snippets ya se nota que casi todas las canciones son "radio friendly"; y eso es tal como dijo Spy UK... Lo que ella necesita en este momento. Que no sea un disco experimental o con letras profundas no quiere decir que sea un mal disco; al contrario, creo que será un ejemplo del buen Pop que se puede hacer en comparación al resto del Pop que se escucha estos años.

Será un gran album. Que bueno; me emociona que se haya relajado con este disco; que venga con una actitud tan positiva y que todo se le esté dando tan bien. Ella lo merece vale.
Nathan22
Real Fan
Real Fan
Nathan22

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Otro review positivo Aplausos
enzoseb
Real Fan
Real Fan
enzoseb

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Otra página de UK hace review de Lotus!

Maximum POP UK
Arrow Puntaje:Review positiva

Citación :
A year is a long time in pop, and it’s been over two since Christina Aguilera’s ‘Bionic’ hit the charts. In truth, it’s been almost ten since she was A Big Deal, but she’s one of the most enduringly interesting survivors of the teen-pop era, so when Sony invited us to their offices to listen to her latest album, ‘Lotus’, we were excited to hear what she’d been up to.

They said “see you at 1pm”. We said “great, we’ll be there”. Then they said “actually, can you make it 12.30pm?”. We said “yes, okay.” An exciting insight into our email inbox there, readers. Let’s listen to the album…

1.’ Lotus Intro’
“This is the beginning” is a fitting lyric for an opening track, isn’t it? A choral riff heralds the rebirth of a very grown-up pop princess spouting on about emerging from pain, “broken pieces” and “never dying” over a heavy hip-hop beat. Christina resolves to “leave the past behind and say goodbye to the scared child inside”. Blimey. There are bongos too. A decent overture that sets the scene for what’s to come.

2. ‘Army of Me’
The first thing that springs to mind here is “ooh, this is all a bit Katy Perry”. Namely, the insistent 4/4 thud of the beat, reminiscent of the defiant ‘Part of Me’, and the lyrics and overall “mood” evocative of ‘Firework”s cardboard cutout inspiration. A reference closer to home would be Aggy’s own ‘Fighter’ – the words “wiser”, “stronger” and “fighter” all figure in the chorus. We quite like the line “there’s a thousand faces on me”, because it sounds like it might be supposed to be a bit rude. Single potential!

3. ‘Red Hot Kinda Love’
A pulsating radio-friendly “jam”, featuring the sound of a motorcycle vroom and the chorus hook “oh baby I’m burning up, you got that red hot kinda love” – oh Christina, you can get a cream for that! Not one of the strongest tracks on the record (but not at all bad. There’s just better to come!).

4. ‘Make the World Move’ (feat. CeeLo Green)
It’s collaboration time! How better to capitalise on your status as a top TV talent judge than by inviting your spinning chair colleague to join you on record? CeeLo duets with Xtina on a galvanising call to arms that equates music with love – “the time is now, no time to wait, turn up the love, turn down the hate”. A mid-tempo banger. Our favourite lyric is “spinning faster, round and round, let me hear that future sound”.

5. ‘Your Body’
A pop stormer produced by certified pop genius Max Martin; you’ve probably heard this one already. Whether this song can redefine Christina as a true competitor to Rihanna, Gaga, etc remains to be seen (it probably won’t; the world of pop moves on quickly and mercilessly) but it’s her most arresting lead single since ‘Dirrty’ and something of a return to form.

6. ‘Let There Be Love’
“I want to tell you my secret”, Christina says, as she hops onto a trend that the charts are tiring of. Yes, what we have here is a synth-heavy Euro club track. The problem here is that this song isn’t doing anything that Rihanna or Usher weren’t doing literally two years ago, and with David Guetta and Calvin Harris beginning to saturate and stagnate, the smart stars are starting to steer clear of the sound. However, it’s a perfectly serviceable and enjoyable example of the genre, and one of our favourite songs on the album. Surely Christina knows this stuff is far from groundbreaking, but maybe she’s just having fun? It’s not pretending to be anything other than a dancefloor anthem with a gloriously unrestrained vocal, after all.

7. ‘Sing For Me’
Now here’s a niche in which Ms Aguilera excels – the self-help ballad. From ‘Beautiful’ to ‘The Voice Within’, 2002′s Stripped album was wall-to-wall with these, and ‘Sing For Me’ deftly adds another fine specimen to the canon. The lyrics are really rather wonderful, from the boastful (“all I have is three million melodies to kill the hurt”) to the anatomically worrying (“when I open my mouth my whole heart comes out”). Like many of the songs on the album, it delivers just as much as you want it to without outstaying its welcome.

8. ‘Blank Page’
Before Sia Furler was a guest vocalist for Flo Rida and David Guetta, she didn’t half know her way around a decent ballad. Luckily, this is still the case. ‘Blank Page’ is the best song on this album. “I know there’s hurt, I know there’s pain but people change, Lord knows I’ve been no saint”, the song begins, with a restrained (if not exactly plaintive) vocal that allows an often OTT warbler to display some rare vulnerability. It’s an attractive quality. The lyric “let our hearts start and beat as one forever” is fairly direct in its loveliness, too. A triumph, and there’ll be riots (of the virtual, internet forum type) if this isn’t released as a single.

9. ‘Cease Fire’
Military drums and war metaphors ahoy! “Throw down your weapons, I’m on your side”. Clunky lyrics aside, this is quite charming in a track-9-on-a-Christina-Aguilera-album kind of way. Another mid-tempo we reckon we’ll find ourselves singing along whilst doing the ironing.

10. ‘Around the World’
This is more like it. “Tell me where you really wanna go”, demands a flirtatious Xtina, the pace quickening for a danceable romp from “Hollywood to Japan, Tokyo to Milan”. Deliciously silly lyrics include “sit back and enjoy the ride…making love worldwide”.

11. ‘Circles’
“Spin around in circles on my little middle finger”. Yes, you heard right. Hilarious and disgusting, two admirable qualities in a popstar. An angry rock track which sees Christina berating the haterzzz for “talking ****-a, ****a!” Oh my. There’s something simultaneously cringeworthy and amazing about this (less dignified) sequel to ‘Fighter’. The last line is “round and round, mother****er!” (and yet ‘Your Body’, six tracks earlier, is featured in its clean version. Weird.)

12. ‘Best of Me’
A slightly misleading acoustic guitar intro gives way to military drums (hmmm, a little too similar to Cease Fire, perhaps). We take issue with the lyrics “nocked down and mistreated, heartbroken and beated, still I rise undefeated” as they skim just a little too close to Aguilera parody. Skip this one next time.

13. ‘Just a Fool’ (with Blake Shelton)
“Who knew that love was so cruel?” The album concludes with a swinging country ballad duet, in which Christina waits “so long for someone who’ll never come home”. Overwrought and predictable, but quite sad.

So, there we are. ‘Lotus’ isn’t a perfect record, but undeniably Christina Aguilera’s most accomplished set of songs in ten years. As a post-divorce Christina enters her thirties, sex and self-examination feature heavily (but then sex and self-examination have always featured heavily with Christina).

In the decade that’s passed since ‘Stripped’, Ms Aguilera’s potency as a chart force and a relevant cultural icon has waned quite considerably. We can’t help feeling that if she hadn’t bothered with all that Forces Sweetheart jazz nonsense and had released ‘Lotus’ as the immediate successor to ‘Stripped’, she might well still be a dominant figure on the pop scene.

The most striking thing about the album, and the secret to its success, is its conciseness. Thirteen songs. 47 minutes and 29 seconds. Xtina has undoubtedly found herself a victim of her own creative ambition on more than one occasion in the past. Whether she’s being kept on a tight leash or has simply become aware enough to exercise a little self-editing, it’s a blessing.

http://www.maximumpop.co.uk/christina-aguilera-lotus-review/
scorpion_bad
Real Fan
Real Fan
scorpion_bad

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Enzo has tu trabajo..
Nathan22
Real Fan
Real Fan
Nathan22

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Excelente, otro review positivo, siguiendo la linea de 4Music y Digital Spy!
enzoseb
Real Fan
Real Fan
enzoseb

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 7:28 pm

The Grape Juice
Arrow Puntaje:4 de 5

Citación :
Two years may not be the longest window of time. Yet, in the career of superstar Christina Aguilera the last 730 days have brought with them a series of challenges. For many, the most notable of these is the under-performance of ‘Bionic’ – her ill-fated 2010 LP. Received well critically, the set struggled to ignite the charts in the manner Aguilera’s past releases had, quickly fading into Pop abyss.

Fast-forward to today and the climate looks altogether brighter for the self-branded ‘Fighter’. A rejuvenating stint on NBC’s The Voice has seen “Brand Xtina” back in business, clearing the commercial freeway for the 31 year old’s “comeback”.

Christened ‘Lotus’, the singer’s 5th studio outing is immediately noteworthy in that, despite boasting a loose narrative of “freedom” and ‘self-expression’, it’s the first of Aguilera’s post-teen-queen releases not tied to an overt “theme”. A fact that re-affirms her position as one of Pop’s most renown risk-takers. For, not only has the length and breadth of her success come from concept records, we’re in an era where top ten tallies often sound like the same song with different lyrics.

As such, from the onset, Aguilera tasks herself with standing out from the pack – in an era where the stakes are both higher and harsher. That Grape Juice attended the exclusive ‘Lotus’ album playback at Sony Music London today. Find out whether her risk paid off below…

The LP sets sail on whimsical note with the ‘Lotus Intro’. Clocking in at full-song length, the Electro Ballad is Enya-flavored, sonically soothing with great vocal layering courtesy of Alex Da Kid. And while the track centers on a narrative of being emotionally “set free”, it sets the stage for an album-long showcase of not just The Voice, but that Voice.

Indeed, for much of ‘Lotus’, Aguilera sings like the rent was due –- last week. From the thundering thump of lead single ‘Your Body’ to the haunting ‘Cease Fire’, the mother of one leaves no doubt that her voice is alien, other-worldy, epic. And while it’s a voice the world has known for almost 15 years, it’s one whose melisma never fails to mesmerize – especially on her latest collection of hits. Make no mistake; ‘Lotus’ is Santa-sack-packed with potential smashes.

Produced by Pop maestro Max Martin, ‘Let There Be Love’ serves as one of many standouts. Destined for the dance-floor (“let there be love, here here in this club)”, the high-octane cut sees Aguilera flirt with the brand of Electro-Pop that has dominated the charts during much her bench-time. However, the track avoids generic territory in that it’s almost tailor-made for a vocal like Christina’s. She soars effortlessly, complimenting the pulsating production with her trademark acrobatics.

Elsewhere, the pace is slowed down with the sublime ‘Sing For Me’. A blazing R&B ballad, the song’s lyrics are soaked in both sorrow and triumph as they relay a narrative of hardship and overcoming. “I sing ‘cause I’m winning, I’m singing for me” Aguilera belts over the moody Aeon Manahan production. Boasting the “classic ballad” key-change, ‘Sing’ is easily one of the songbird’s most stirring efforts yet. Similarly, the anthemic ‘Army Of Me’ borrows from the same school of “self-belief” – only several decibels louder. Rock-tinged and boasting heavy drums, the Aguilera penned track is a sure-fire fist-pumper; although, the sprinkles of Dance on the chorus throw things off somewhat. For, what should be one killer cut, more often than not, sounds like three muddled songs in one.

It’s a minute flaw on a body of work that, for all its goodness, isn’t without moments of “why?” Indeed, while inoffensive, many will ask ‘why’ Retro-filler ‘Red Hot Kinda Love’ made the album. ‘Why’ is Christina singing in that butt-clenching ‘island’ accent on the otherwise solid ‘Around The World’. And ‘why’ – despite its fun-factor – ‘Circles’ still grates. Co-penned by Aguilera herself, the track takes aim with “bitter haters”, commanding them to spin “round, round, motherf**ker, round” on her middle finger. For an artist who naturally drips “cool”, it’s uncharacteristically contrived.

Still, ‘Lotus’ is more than redeemed by a host of solid album tracks. Aguilera’s Voice cohorts Cee-Lo Green and Blake Shelton make enjoyable appearances on ‘Make The World Move’ and ‘Just A Fool’ respectively. The former, a funky Soul cut, asks the masses to “turn up the love / turn down the hate”. Flavoursome and, importantly, not “Pop-star-political”, the cut could give the album added legs if commissioned as a single towards the end of the campaign. Meanwhile, the Claude Kelly penned ‘Fool’ would make for an interesting litmus test of Aguilera’s commercial potential in the Country arena if ever released.

However, it is Sia number ‘Blank Page’ that serves as the centre-piece of the album. A first-cousin of Aguilera’s 2002 hit ‘Beautiful’, the stunning ballad boasts sparse production, showcasing the length, breadth, and strength of her voice. That voice.

As such, with ‘Lotus’, Aguilera delivers her most compelling set since ‘Stripped’. In era where voiceless voices are topping the charts, Christina brings “ the vocal” back to the forefront against a backdrop of songs that are richly diverse. Songs she skilfully sews together with her trademark spark and “isms (“ya ya”, “ha”, and soulful growls affectionately lace each track). Packed with radio-ready hooks and melodies, the album manages to not compromise lyrical quality either.

The definition of Premium Pop, ‘Lotus’ serves as one of the most nutritious album releases in years. Tuck in on November 13th!

That Grape Juice Rating: 4/5 Stars

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/11/album-review-christina-aguilera-lotus/

Otra review impecable. Genial, dice muchas cosas ciertas y puntuales. SLAYING THOSE REVIEWS! Get that Legend! Por cierto, podemos notar la tendencia: las favoritas del disco son Let There Be Love y Blank Page, que todos dicen que debe ser sencillo.

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Y7dsctip[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Y7dsctip
[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Is5jp95VFOCNv

Última edición por enzoseb el Vie Nov 02, 2012 7:50 pm, editado 1 vez
Nathan22
Real Fan
Real Fan
Nathan22

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Justo venia a publicar el review!

Definitivamente Blank Page, Just A Fool y Let There Be Love tienen que ser singles!

RCA tiene que juntar su shit y capitalizar el hype que hay alrededor de Blake Shelton actualmente y lanzar esa song al menos a la radio country; y cuidado y no se convierte en un smash hit everywhere!

Yo no quería una balada a estas alturas como segundo single, pero viendo la receptividad que han tenido esos 2 tracks en particular, de parte de quienes lo han escuchado, creo que seria sensato tener como segundo single LA BALADA!

Y si es Let There Be Love no me molesta en absoluto Dance por allí leí que un trabajador de RCA dijo que ese seria el siguiente single
TomaCCo
Real Fan
Real Fan
TomaCCo

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Estos son los reviews profesionales, que dicen "sinceramente no nos gustó esto y el otro" y "amamps esto por estoy el otro", son análisis de gente que "escuchó el disco para dar un punto de vista neutro" lo cual me parece fenomenal! Bienvenido Lotus!
ROn.
Real Fan
Real Fan
ROn.

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) EmptyVie Nov 02, 2012 8:59 pm

RichardXV-7 escribió:
Otro excelente review el de SPY UK. Gracias por la traducción Enzo. Y si; parece que los duos no serán grandes cosas aunque tampoco malas. Y es cierto que en los snippets ya se nota que casi todas las canciones son "radio friendly"; y eso es tal como dijo Spy UK... Lo que ella necesita en este momento. Que no sea un disco experimental o con letras profundas no quiere decir que sea un mal disco; al contrario, creo que será un ejemplo del buen Pop que se puede hacer en comparación al resto del Pop que se escucha estos años.

Será un gran album. Que bueno; me emociona que se haya relajado con este disco; que venga con una actitud tan positiva y que todo se le esté dando tan bien. Ella lo merece vale.

RT!!! concuerdo contigo. Es un disco relajado pero bien armado y bien hecho, es más tan solo el hecho de que tenga pocas canciones (comparando la discografia de Christina) lo hace perfecto bien preparado sin relleno ni canciones que dañen como se vaya desenvolviendo Lotus al escucharlo.

Me encanta Circles!! es tan única!!
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)   [Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página) Empty

[Tema Oficial] Reviews de Lotus (Review Digital Spy TRADUCIDA, primera página)
Página 1 de 2.Ir a la página : 1, 2  Siguiente